3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

问答
07/14
11:25
分享
评论
大型物件列印之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述
原文出处:goo.gl/088nW

这篇文章的许多论点主要是延续原作者的前一篇"warping fundamentals"去思考。特别是,去思考列印的速度、列印物件的尺寸、以及塑料的种类,这些都会是造成物件捲曲的因素。还有一些显而易见的论点提到,為何加热板的使用会减少捲曲的现象。
More of the same ‘out loud’ thinking on the issue of warping in this post to follow on from the last post on warping fundamentals. In particular, thinking about how the speed of a print, the size of an object and they type of plastic all effect warping. Also some other obvious points about why a heated print bed helps reduce warping.
接下来要讨论列印速度、物件尺寸以及塑料种类对於捲曲现象的影响
The effects of printing speed, object size and plastic types on warping.

透过加速列印小型的物件,似乎显示这样的方式可以控制捲曲的程度。这也许是起因於,外部轮廓的部分因时间短暂而来不及冷却,所以整体的物件在缩短的列印时间下,维持在一个较均匀的温度状态下,所得到的结果。
By printing small objects quickly it seems you can limit the amount of warping that takes place. This may be due to the limited time that the outside of the object has to cool and so results in the whole object being of a more even temperature over the short duration of the print.

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

[上方物件]代表的是一个比较大的、或是慢速列印的物件
[下方物件]代表的是一个比较小的、或是快速列印的物件
左图是物件(右)的断面切片
红色代表的是物件受热温度分布的示意图
Top of image: A large object or an object that is printed at a slow speed.
Bottom of image: A quickly printed or smaller object.
The left hand side is a cut away of the solid object on the right.

相同的,上面呈现的图片适用於说明相同列印速度下的两个物件;上面為较大的物件,下面是较小的物件。由於大的物件必须花更长的时间去列印,也代表这物件的周围部分有更长的时间被冷却,导致翘曲的结果。
Again, the image above also applies if the top object was larger than the bottom and both were printed at the same speed. The larger object will take longer to print and so will have more time for the sides of the object to cool and possibly resulting in less warping.

或者,当不同的塑料被使用时,上面的物件可以视為高温加热成型的塑料(如:高密度聚乙烯HDPE,也就是我们常见的家庭号牛奶瓶),下面的物件则是低温加热成型的塑料(如:淀粉生质塑料PLA)。相对於室温环境,当我们加热塑料并开始列印,以HDPE和PLA為例,我们比较两者物件边缘温度降低的幅度(相对於物件中心温度),前者是远胜后者的。
The image above also applies if different plastics are used, with the top object being a high temperature Tg plastic (Eg: HDPE) while the lower image being a low temperature Tg plastic (Eg:PLA). The higher temperatures relative to ambient (often 25ºC) required to print HDPE will result in the outside edges falling in temperature considerably faster with respect to the centre than compared to PLA.

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

这张图说裡包含两条物件/温度/位置的资讯
分别表示HDPE与PLA两种材质,列印物件的尺寸為50mm
0 代表物件的一边,25 為中心位置,50 是物件的另一边
Two fictional temperature profiles through the centre of a 50mm
wide object during printing. Zero mm is one side of the object,
25mm is its centre and 50mm is the other side of the object.

虽然HDPE物件边缘的温度甚至比PLA物件中心的温度还要高,它们相对於HDPE物件中心的温度还是有一大段的距离,然而正是沉浸在这种温度的蜕变而导致翘曲的现象发生。不同塑料间的扩张系数(expansion coefficient)也是一个关键的环节。
Although the sides of the HDPE object are hotter than the core of a PLA object, they are still relatively a lot cooler than the core of the HDPE object. It is this steeper temperature gradient that leads to warping. Differences in the expansion coefficient between the different types of plastic may also play a part.
加热板与翘曲现象
Heated Beds and Warping.

加热板显而易见的,是大型物件冷却,或者高温加热成型塑料等类型的解决方法之一。加热板的应用被广泛地推崇,是因為这个装置的使用所带来的影响。
Heated beds are the obvious solution to the problem of cool down on big objects or high Tg plastics. The wide spread adoption of heated beds is a tribute to their effectiveness.

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

3d打印大型物件之翘曲现象与加热板作用论述

加热板作用下的温度显示(右)与室温下工作面板的显示(左)
箭头的方向与大小代表着因外部隆起而向热核心挤压,所產生的内应力
A heated bed (in red) is on the right and a room temperature bed on the left.
The direction of the arrows and their size represent internal stresses caused
by contraction of the hot core after the exterior has already become ridged.

不幸的是,就算是用上了加热板,其功效也是有限的。当一个物件被列印好之后,加热板(餘温)的热效应将会随着高度而衰退。我猜想这个热作用的影响,单从物件上方的区块来看,与加热板使用的有无是无关的。这些作用於上面切层的内部应力,虽然不至於造成低层(或是其他没有压力的切层)在边缘捲曲,但足以减弱物件的强度来维持固定外型。
Unfortunately it seems even a heated print bed has its limits. As an object is printed the warming effects of the heated bed will diminish with height. I imagine this then leads to the same warping effect in the top section of the object that is present in objects printed with out a heated bed. These internal stresses that build in the top layer would weaken the object even if it is not enough to cause the lower, stress free layers, to curl up at the edges.

这个问题可以从下面的方法来得到改善;从上方持续的以热空气吹向物件。一个蓄热的工作空间或是一个上方架设红外线灯泡(infrared globe)的环境。然而,一般的商用的印表机如果无法使用可溶解的(dissolvable)支撑材(reprap系列正在测试中),就原作者的理解与想像,现行的使用配合这样的加温环境处理还是有其限制,例如脆弱的悬挑部份,以及黏附在外围像鼻涕的部分。一个解决这些垂滴的方式,就是搭配大量的风扇使用,但是这样一来就又会回到因為失温而翘曲的问题*(注)。
This problem could be solved by streams of hot air blowing from above, a heated build chamber or even an infrared globe above the print bed. However, with out the dissolvable support material used in commercial printers (work in progress for reprap's) I imagine this will also have its limits as slight overhangs or teardrop through holes begin to slump on larger objects. A simple solution to slumping is to strap on a lot of fans, but then you would be back at square one with the warping problem*…

*注记:如果能有一种方式可以分析一个3D物件,并且指出哪边最容易发生这种残料滴垂的现象,那真的就太美好了;我们可以针对这个高风险的列印区块,我们透过控制喷头旁的风扇来导入室温的气流。这样将可以同时兼具一个加温的工作区块,以及避免高温而让塑料滴垂的现象。不过这还只是一个构想~
* Just as a side note: What would be really nice is if there was a way to analyse a 3d object and determine where slumping is most likely to occur. Then throughout the print a fine jet of room temperature air aimed at the print nozzle could be turned on or off as the print head prints the layers above these 'high slump risk zones' . You might be able to get away with having an elevated build chamber temperature and reduce slump at the same time. Just a thought.

以缓慢控制的方式降温,也是一种列印大型物件时,有效大幅减少翘曲现象的方法。相较於加热板的完全加热状态,到完全停止加热,取而代之的是以一种逐渐降温的方式(比方每分鐘减低摄氏2-3度,直到降至室温為止)。这样做的目的虽然可能可以减少捲曲的现象,但是原作者表示他还没有认真试过。(小编:这真的有效!)
It may also be possible to greatly reduce warping by having a slow controlled cool down such as used when casting large objects. So instead of the heated bed switching from 'full on' to 'full off' there could be a gradual decline of 2 or 3 degrees per minutes until room temperature is reached. This might aid in reducing warping but has not been tested as far as I'm aware.

有一点应该注意的是,加热板应该要能够提供强力的附着性,特别是它的表面与塑料底部第一层的接触。我之所以会关注这点是因為高温状态下,化学分子之间的接触会更加剧烈(低温热熔塑料的表面张力);长时间作用下,塑胶会热熔於表面同时达到像液态依样的包覆与延展。(更多讯息请参考这一篇,原作者撰写的文章提到"塑胶就像胶水")
It should also be noted that the heated print bed seems to also allow for greater adhesion between the print bed surface and the first layer of plastic. From what I can gather this is due to an increase in intermolecular contact brought about by the higher temperatures (lower molten plastic surface tension) and the longer time frame were the plastic is molten at the surface and so can spread (wet) more. More info.

不论如何,我希望这些资讯对於RepRap社群的新成员能有所帮助。如果我省略了甚麼部分或是哪些部分有误,请务必让我知道。(原作者相当客气)
Anyway, I hope those new to the reprap community find this helpful. If I missed a few things or something doesn't seem quite right please, by all means, let me know.
关於原文作者Richard,是一位在澳洲墨尔本攻读材料工程的博士生。在他这篇原文下方的首则回应,对於上述的内文有多处的辩证与补充,提出的论点相当有趣,顺手翻。

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 风轻云淡
2013-7-14 11:26:12 | 显示全部楼层
我真的认為这种理论性的分析对於解决翘曲的问题而言是很重要的。我写了一篇简短的分析(应该也要多阐述一些细节才对)。写这篇回应的同时,我思考更深入关於造成翘曲的因素,显然我的分析与你的重点不同;这让我得到不同的结论,所以我想,在这边留下这讯息是重要的。
I really think this kind of theoretical analysis is important to solve the warping problem. I wrote my own short analysis in this thread: http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,55300 but I might do a more detailed write up as well. Writing that post made me consider in more detail the causes of warping. My analysis differs in important ways from yours, though, which leads me to different conclusions. So I feel it's important to comment here.

我想我们两者都清楚,翘曲发生的关键在於切层温度的收缩(thermal contraction)。用计量的方式分析,我们可以想像不管再小的任何线段,都具有两种不同的长度;高温时的长度(Lh)以及低温时的长度(Lc),而且每种塑料都是Lh>Lc。
It's clear to both of us that the key factor when it comes to warping is the thermal contraction of layers. For a qualitative analysis, we can imagine that any short segment of filament has two lengths: The length when hot (Lh), and the length when cold (Lc), where Lh > Lc for any particular filament.

任何时刻只要你在一个冷的塑料上面列印上一条热的塑料,你必须思考四个长度的变化。第一个长度是刚列印出来的塑料(L1h),第二个是这个塑料冷却后的长度(L1c),第叁个是旧的塑料在刚被列印出来时的长度(L2h),以及旧的塑料冷却后的长度(L2c)。
Any time you print a hot filament on a cold one, you have four lengths to consider: The length of the hot new filament when freshly printed (L1h), the length of the new filament after it has cooled (L1c), the length of the old filament when it was freshly printed (L2h), and the length of the old filament when it has cooled (L2c).

根据温度收缩,我们知道 L1h > L1c 且 L2h > L2c。
Due to thermal contraction, we know that: L1h > L1cL2h > L2c

我们也知道,热的塑料是列印在冷的塑料上,所以这意味着后面两者的长度相等:L1h = L2c
But we also know that the new, hot filament is printed on the old, cold filament. This forces their lengths to be equal: L1h = L2c

这是造成问题產生的癥结。当物件冷却之后,因為 L1c < L2c 所以物件捲曲。不均等的冷却并不至於导致翘曲,列印的哪一部分先冷却并不重要。重要的是列印出来的塑料是堆叠在冷却后的塑料上面。一个缓慢的冷却行為不该与快速冷却有任何的差异才对。
That's where the trouble happens. When the object cools, L1c < L2c, so the object warps. Uneven cooling does not lead to warping; it doesn't matter which part of the printed part cools first. What matters is that hot filament is deposited onto cold plastic. A slow cool down shouldn't be any different than a rapid quench.

假如你在均温下拿一个没有翘曲的物件,然后对其增加一个特定变幅的温度(在任何的增温速度下,比方一个渐变的高温差),这物件将会弯曲。但是当你让物件回归均匀的温度时(不论降温的速度如何),它将会回到原本的形体。现在面临的问题是,刚被列印出来的物件是一个尚未捲曲的状态(因為它定形在一种不均温的状态);当它被带到一个均温的环境下,它就会翘曲了;这件事情变换得快或慢并不重要。例外的状况是,假如温度的变化大到足以造成相位的改变,这样的前提下,内部的结构将会在这个过程之后改变。
If you take an un-warped object at a uniform temperature, and impose a temperature gradient on it (at any speed), it will warp. But when you return it back to uniform temperature (at any speed), it will return to its original shape. The trouble is that a RepRapped part is an un-warped object at a nonuniform temperature. When it is brought to a uniform temperature, it warps. It shouldn't matter how quickly the transition happens. The exception is if the temperature change is high enough to cause a phase change, in which case the internal structure will be different before and after the process.

现在来思考列印速度与物件尺寸对翘曲產生的影响。Lh 与 Lc 的差异是与温度变化呈一个比例关系的(Lh = Lc   a dT)。假设一个极度快速或是非常小型的列印,所有的塑料是以急速堆叠的方式(没有时间去冷却),因此此时的 dT = 0,而且没有翘曲的现象发生。反之,在一个极度大型或是非常缓慢的列印状态,先前列印的塑料总是在新塑料列印堆叠之前,冷却到室温下;此时的 dT = max(材料热缩的最大值)。
Now to consider the effect of print speed and object size on warping. The difference between Lh and Lc is proportional to the temperature change (Lh = Lc   a dT). For an infinitely fast or small print, all the filament will be deposited instantaneously with no time to cool between layers, so dT = 0, and no warping occurs. For an infinitely large or slow print, the old filament has always cooled to the ambient temperature by the time the new filament is laid down, so dT = max.

一个列印的常态既不是非常快也不是非常的慢,因此有两个关键的因素要思考;物件是从表面冷却(热传递与热辐射),以及热量的扩散(热传导)。热量是由新堆叠上来的塑料所產生的接触面,经由新塑料的本体传递到旧塑料的冷却表面。
For a print that's neither infinitely fast nor infinitely slow, there's two important factors to consider (that I can think of). There's cooling from the surface of the part (convection and radiation) and thermal diffusion inside the part (conduction). Heat is added from the surface, in the form of freshly deposited filament, and then conducts through the body of the part toward the cold surface.

这并不是温度遽变导致翘曲的发生。这裡提到的非均质温度指的是物件的边缘区域,热的塑料是被列印在冷的表面上;然而在加热板中心区块,热的塑料是列印在热的塑料上。这样的现象意味着边界的部分将会有最大的应力;物件内部则是最不售应力影响的,因為 dT 在中心是最小的。然而,就算物件没有温度上的渐变温差(举例,假如它是一致的冷,比方慢速列印的状态),翘曲的状况还是会发生(因為新列印的塑料是热的)。这仅是单纯的考量,然而翘曲的应力甚至会贯穿整个部分。
It is not the steepness of the temperature gradient that leads to warping. What this non-uniform temperature means is that at the edges, hot filament is printed on cold plastic, whereas at the center, hot filament is printed on warm plastic. That means that the warping stresses will be highest at the edges, and less at the center, because delta T is less at the center. However, even if there were no temperature gradient in the object (ie, if it were uniformly cold, as in the case of the slow print), warping would happen because the fresh filament is hot. It's just that in this case, the warping stresses will be even throughout the part.

性质上地说,这两者之间并没有过大的差异;一者是均衡的捲曲(所以它可能是导致底部產生一个拋物线形变的原因),另一个则是不均衡的捲曲(可能是一个更接近於四度曲线,在边缘处有一个落差的翘曲);不论何者,它们都导致物件的翘曲。
Qualitatively, there's not a big difference between these two cases; one warps evenly (so it would probably form a parabolic shape at the bottom) and one warps unevenly (so it might be more of a quartic curve, with the steepest bend at the edges). But they'd both warp.

就我的想像与理解,一个物件是可以被列印到一个非常高的程度,只要抢在加热板的作用衰退之前。加热板通常都是比物件本身来的宽,热传导的增加和温度的提升是从物件的边缘开始,然而减少对流的冷却效应也是。假如这样的现象变成一种困扰,那麼当列印推升到某一个定点高度之后(这个定点是承受整个结构改变的基础点),只要将加热板的温度视物件的高度作提升,如此就可以让上部的表面维持一个恆定的温度。然而,这样可能需要一些非常尖端复杂的软体。
An object would have to be very tall before the effect of the heated bed could really wear off, I imagine. Because the heated bed is generally wider than the object, there should be warm convection currents rising and warming the sides of the object, reducing convective cooling. If it became a problem, then up to a certain point (the point where the base of the part would undergo a phase change), the temperature of the heated bed can be increased as the object gets taller, so as to maintain a constant temperature at the upper surface. That would probably take some sophisticated software, though.
Jacob
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

推动3D打印

关注南极熊

通知

联系QQ/微信9:00-16:00

南极熊3D打印网

致力于推动3D打印产业发展

Copyright © 2024 南极熊 By 3D打印 ( 京ICP备14042416号-1 ) 京公网安备11010802043351
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部